Fruits are among the most delicious and nutritious foods we can eat. Fruits are available year round and in large quantities. They provide us with vitamin C, minerals, fiber, and other nutrients.
The best way to get fruits into your diet is to eat them fresh from the garden or from the store. But, many of us do not have the time or space to grow our own fruits. For those people, it is important to know what fruits are the easiest to grow.
Here are the top five fruits to grow at home:
1. Apples – Apples are probably the easiest fruit to grow. They require little care, and are available all year long. They are one of the best sources of Vitamin C and are also high in fiber. Apples taste great and can be used for so many things. You can make applesauce, apple pie, apple butter, apple juice, apple cider, and apple sauce.
2. Bananas – Bananas are a tropical fruit that is very popular. They are very easy to grow, and are one of the best sources for potassium. Bananas are good for your heart, and can help prevent certain types of cancer. Bananas are also very tasty. You can make banana bread, banana cream pies, banana pudding, banana smoothies, and banana splits.
3. Berries – Berries are some of the easiest fruits to grow. They only need sunlight and water to grow. The berries you see at the grocery store are usually picked too soon. It is better to pick your own berries from the garden. Berries are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
4. Cherries – Cherries are another easy fruit to grow. Cherries are low maintenance and require little care. They can be grown in any area, and can be eaten right off the plant. Cherries are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Potassium, and Iron. They are also high in antioxidants.
5. Pears – Pears are another easy fruit to grow, and they are one of the best tasting fruits. They are a good source of Vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and iron. They are also a good source of manganese and magnesium.
So, if you want to eat healthy, you should try growing your own fruits.