When you hear the word “lunch”, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? It’s probably something unhealthy, right?
I’m sure you’ve heard about the food pyramid and how important it is to eat a balanced diet. This means eating lots of fruits and vegetables and little or no meat. But what if you’re not into eating meat? Or you just want to get a few more pounds off?
Well, here are some healthy options to keep you from reaching for that bag of chips.
1) Turkey sandwich. A turkey sandwich is a great way to get some protein and fill up without all the fat. A turkey sandwich is made by slicing a lean piece of turkey breast and placing it between two slices of whole wheat bread. Add lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard and you have a healthy sandwich.
2) Soup. Soups are a great way to fill up on veggies and stay away from heavy meats. They also tend to be low in calories. Try using chicken broth instead of water when cooking soup.
3) Grilled chicken. Chicken is a great source of protein and iron. You can make grilled chicken into a salad by adding greens, cheese, and tomatoes. You can also use grilled chicken as a wrap by placing some lettuce, tomato, and a slice of mozzarella cheese inside the grilled chicken.
4) Turkey burger. A turkey burger is a great option because they are high in protein and low in fat. If you’re not a fan of turkey burgers, try making a veggie burger with some lean ground beef and vegetables.
5) Salad. Salads are great because they contain many different types of vegetables and you can add whatever you want to them. Just remember to dress it lightly with vinegar or lemon juice.
6) Vegetable sandwich. A vegetable sandwich is a great way to have a meal that is packed full of vegetables. Just make sure you don’t over do it with the oil.
7) Tuna sandwich. Tuna sandwiches are usually made with tuna and mayonnaise. You can make this sandwich healthier by using light mayonnaise and adding some chopped celery.
8) Pasta salad. Pasta salads are a great way to get lots of vegetables into your body. Just remember to cut back on the dressing.
9) Sandwiches. Sandwiches are usually made with a lot of fat and calories. To make them healthier, try to use whole grain bread and lean meats.
10) Soup and salad. These are two great ways to get a lot of vegetables and protein into your body. Just make sure you don’ t drown out the flavor with too much dressing.